This list may be too much for one summer (with no kitchen) and 3 little kids, but I'm just dreaming here...
* Get photos organized. Order prints, put them in albums, write details. Let go of scrapbooking. Realize I can't keep up. Give myself grace.
* Organize the kids' clothes. Put them in those big bins and label clearly. Pass Hannah's clothes down to our little friend, Naomi. Salvage what little boy clothes I can for cousins.
* Get the world map and US map framed... the ones I have had for at least 3 years rolled up in the basement. Put them up in the school room.
* Paint the "craft cabinet" and get new hardware (hinges, knob).
* Paint Hannah's bookshelf.
* Paint the toy box.
* Find and buy new bedding for Hannah. Buy her a mattress. (She will be getting a double size bed soon - my childhood bed.)
* Move Hannah's bed into the boys' room. Move Peter out of his crib (gulp). Pray that he still takes long naps.
* Fix Hannah's broken window shade.
* Put shelves in Hannah's closet so she can use her bookshelf for books, not hair accessories and boxes full of "treasures."
* Keep up with the public library's summer reading program for the kids. Be there on the days they get prizes.
* Buy a giant bulletin/cork board for school room. Hang it.
* Plan school year... at least the first semester.
* Make a school day schedule. Begin praying that I will not be a slave to it.
* Make a monthly meal plan (when the kitchen is finished).
* Teach Will to swim.
* Enjoy ice cream, but not as much as I have been. : )
* Keep the kids up late to watch fireflies.
* Go to free outdoor concerts. Especially Jazz in the Garden
(in the Sculpture Garden - National Gallery)...
at least once.
* Get sitters! and go on dates with my husband.
* Play often.... and enjoy my children.