Thursday, April 11, 2013

Our Homeschool : 1st Grade : 2012/2013

Oops! I never posted what Peter has been busy doing around here. Here it is.

This is my third time teaching first grade. So at the beginning of the year, I sat down do get started with Peter on what first grade looks like around here. After a few weeks, I decided to make some changes. Each change proved to be a perfect fit for Peter. Just one of the million things I love about homeschooling: a custom-fit education.

Peter : 1st Grade

Math
  • Math-U-See, Alpha. We started the year using Saxon 2, but switched to Math-U-See and the change has been a perfect fit. He loves it!
  • I still do a Saxon-like "Math Meeting" with him everyday - working with weather graphs, the calendar, skip counting, money, telling time, math facts, patterns, etc.
Phonics/Grammar/Writing
And we all do Bible, Memory Work, History, Geography, Science, Art, Music, and PE together. Those subjects can be found here: Our Homeschool : 5th Grade : 2012/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin