Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

the kids opening their mail...
And yummy pancakes...

About the pancakes... I use a condiment squirt bottle (that's my batter drained one below) to write and draw with the pancake batter. All you do is add a little more milk to the batter, fill, and squirt... the possibilities are endless. A few of our favorite designs.... snowflakes (with powdered sugar on top), crowns, castles, cars, trucks, airplanes, names, flowers, Christmas trees, candy canes, stars.... really, anything is possible. Also, it's fun to learn numbers and letters by eating them. Oh, and since the first cooked side of a pancake tends to be the prettiest, I usually write backwards. : )

16 comments:

  1. glad to know you add a bit of milk to the bottle. I tried this idea at breakfast and it was a royal flop (the entire top popped off b.c of a glob in the nozzle). Knowing this new info, I'll try again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I tried to make hearts pouring from a measuring cup with a notch for pouring (what is that called anyhow...a spout?), but they had wiggly edges. They tasted great, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'll have to remember this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliance Jen! I made pancake turkeys for Thanksgiving b'fast which my kids thought was just too fun. And writing backwards ... like "ecnalubma" in the rear view mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this idea! never would have though of that condiment squeezer thingy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is THE best pancake tip- EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing tip! I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to apologize for the anonymous comment - I was so excited I forgot to fill out my name - haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the best idea ever! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great, thanks! Knowing me, I'd probably break the pancake in half trying to flip it, but it's definitely worth a try anyway. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for giving away your secret! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love doing this, too. We use a turkey baster, and it works well, but I think we might see if we can find a condiment squeezer. I'm guessing the letters end up a little less blobby.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Genius! And beautiful, to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grabbed a condiment bottle at WalMart for just $.97 and finally got to try my hand at custom designed pancakes- my came out really thin when I added enough water so that it didn't keep clogging up the bottle. But it was fun-

    http://unpinklife.blogspot.com/2009/04/doritos-on-spoon-our-weekend-in-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. you are soooo right! i should def give that a try too! thanks for stopping by!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin