Friday, August 13, 2010

Our School Room


It's School Room Week at the Not-Back-to-School Blog Hop. Here is where we do school... and, of course, all over the rest of the house. When we moved into the house, I wasn't really sure how we would use the space, and homeschooling wasn't something I had ever thought about seriously. Now I am so very thankful to have this room!

The school room doesn't get a lot of natural light, so we work together often at the dining room table and in our family room (below).


Hannah's desk is currently in between coats of paint, but you get the picture. The door to the right of her desk is to the garage, so this is a high-traffic area.


Will's desk... (that I pulled from a neighbor's trash!)


Buckets for toys, math manipulatives, blank paper, games, puzzles...


Books, books, books... the bottom 2-3 shelves are for school (and 2 of the cabinets beneath the shelves).



We don't use the secretary desk as a desk, just a catch-all. A tour... Left door is to the kitchen. Middle door is to the foyer. Right door is a closet.


I posted photos of our school room two years ago (before I had even officially started homeschooling). Since then, the kids have their own desks and we have accumulated a lot more books and stuff.

Thanks for visiting!

Not Back to School Blog Hop

20 comments:

  1. Love your built-ins, and all of that lovely light from your large windows. Great space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the built-ins. Love the light. Just looks like a great space to learn and share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great room! It has a Pottery Barn feel to it.
    I love the red clock. Where did you find it?
    Have a blessed school year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this room. Great color choices and the built-ins are wonderful! {beautiful family!} :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. JOYfilled Family,

    The clock is from Target (2 years ago), but I saw something similar there lately.

    Thanks for visiting!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your room!!! Your home is beautiful, and you are so organized!!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your bookcases! They're perfect for a school room. And Will's desk is adorable~is that vintage?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your schoolroom looks great. We have the same kind of crates for the books. Great arrangement. Enjoy your year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My eyes are green over of that built in bookshelf. Great Pics! Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice! I'm sure it makes for great learning time. I like a school room that has 'real' books in it, part of the family library, but the kids stuff on the accessible shelves. What a pleasant place. I'm inspired to work on mine a little more now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Love the natural light in your dining area.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous. I'm so impressed. Along with the others, I love those bookshelves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I love your space...it is just beautiful and organized. I'm saving this for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a gorgeous room! I love the little bench-desk piece of furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the built ins. And everything is so clean and organized! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. in love with that little red desk! great learning space!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your school room is lovely, especially the built in bookshelves!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a nice & organized school room. Thanks for posting all the lovely pic.'s!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the school room. I am looking for ideas for our school room rennovation. The built in wall unit is awesome. I also love your storage unit for manipulatives etc. I have on in the toy room. Those are great! Also I saw a copy of TWTM on your shelf and SL curriculum love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin