Monday, August 23, 2010

Summer's End : 1000 Gifts

Praying for my eyes to be open to His beautiful gifts in the everyday, my gift list goes on...

0540
Cracking open new books.

0541
My very own "Teacher's Workday" - stealing away for a weekend day of planning in my husband's (very quiet) church office.

0542
New lesson plans.

0543
A morning at the Zoo with Dad.


0544
The Genius Bar at The Apple Store. Truly genius.

0545
Rainy days.


0546
My little Mr. Fix-it.


0547
Wet-vacs.

0548
Dehumidifiers.

0549
Not having a finished basement. Whew.

0550
Summer evening light.


0551
Heirloom tomatoes.

0552
Farm-fresh eggs.

0553
Salad dinners.

0554
Their summer-streaked hair.



0556
Losing a tooth excitement (in the middle of the worship service).

0557
Help in the kitchen.


0558
My ESV Study Bible.

0559
Ice cream sandwiches at the pool.

0560
A house for a dear family... in the neighborhood they wanted and the price they needed.

0561
Art camp.


0562
Early mornings along the Potomac.

0563
Running across the Key Bridge, rowers quietly passing below me.

0564
15 miles. (The farthest I have ever run!... and over halfway to 26.2)

0565
Friends who just stop by.

0566
Re-reading favorite books.

0567
My mom's encouragement.

0568
A cool, breezy evening at the Cathedral.

0569
Cartwheels in the grass.

0570
Holding hands.

0571
An extra leaf for the table.

0572
Shared family dinners.

0573
After many years, hearing a song again.

0574
And remembering my grandmother's voice.
Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

holy experience

14 comments:

  1. A touching list...I love the zoo picture and #574. Dehumidfiers, wet-vacs and unfinished basements...I think I know what happened! Hope there wasn't too much damage.
    Visiting from the gratitude community. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the list - truly grateful for rainy days down here too. And what a husband to give you your own teacher work day! Awesome! Blessings on the new school year... we started last week. :) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great list! I love the pictures! I am grateful I stopped by. I have been blessed by reading about the goodness He has bestowed upon you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a fun list, full of summer bounty and pre-school hopefullness. and the basement... i also hope all is well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful post... and I love the name... planted by streams. those verses are so awesome... I am enamored with trees close to waters edge because of the root systems...they grow so big, deep and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well,
    you always spill your gratitude into me.
    this post is perfect from beginning to end.

    thank you for sharing.
    you're running a marathon! wow.

    and yikes about the flooded basement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU had me at "cracking open new books".... LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely things to be thankful for. Blessings on your preparations for school! Glad you had some time to prepare in quiet! I should be doing that now...oops. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally loved Mr. Fixit -- and the Helper in the kitchen. :)

    A couple of years ago my son was very into "fixing things," and we had some builders here working on a new back porch. Jack came down all ready for work with his tool belt, and I called him "Bob the Builder." He said, "No, don't call me Bob... call me 'Stranger.' There's STRANGERS out there..." He was so cute and serious. Your picture reminds me of those days...

    I saw your profile pic pop up at a few sites I commented on today and thought I seemed to be following you, so why not say hello? ;) It's very nice to meet you!

    I love the verses you have listed in your sidebar. A few of my favorites, which I happened to have read just this morning, again. The older I get, the more deeply I feel their beauty and power and truth!

    Enjoy your new school year! I simply cannot believe it's almost September... it's time to get serious, folks! :)

    It's so nice to meet you. I love Ann's community -- it's a blessing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list and pictures. I especially like # 565. Glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love your lists... every time they bless me. Lovely pictures and thankfuls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great job!! 15!! you are well on your way! so excited to so this with you

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great blog you have. Your kids are adorable and it is neat to see how you have captured them on film. So neat to see a faith still in action for Christ. Hope your day is filled with His grace and peace today.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin