Hannah, 7-8 years : 2nd grade
- Saxon 3, 4x a week
- First Language Lessons - second half of book (supplementing with Evan-Moor's Grammar and Punctuation 2, Write a Super Sentence, Paragraph Writing, Daily Paragraph Editing - later in the year), 4x a week
- Explode the Code - Books 6 & 7, 1 lesson a week independently
- Spelling Wisdom, 3x a week
- Poetry Memorization (pulling mainly from The Harp and Laurel Wreath), 4x a week
- Handwriting - Cursive: A Reason for Handwriting C, 4x a week independently
- about an hour of independent reading a day
- nightly read-alouds with Mom/Dad
Will, 5-6 years : Kindergarten
- Horizons K, 4x a week
Phonics: 4x a week
- A Reason for Handwriting K, 4x a week independently
Peter, 3-4 years
- We will make an Alphabet Book and Number Book.
- Lots of books, games, puzzles and mischief to be sure.
- Song School Latin, 1-2x a week
- All kids of fun using the Usborne First Encyclopedia of Our World, the Usborne First Encyclopedia of Space, Science with Air, Science in the Kitchen.
- A study of birds using the Burgess Bird Book, Birds, Nests and Eggs, Backyard Birds, State Birds and Flowers coloring book (state birds and flowers are also included on MFW state sheets/cards).
- lots and lots of library books, hikes, science center, museums...
- 4x a week. 2 days earth/space, 1 day experiment, 1 day birds, exploring everyday
- lots of good stuff : )
- Weekly art projects (still need to organize my thoughts on this one). I love to get ideas from Art Projects for Kids and That Artist Woman.
- Artist Studies - ideas... Audubon (birds), Degas, Renoir, Cezanne, Homer, Hopper.
- Homeschool co-op art class
- I know we will start with Haydn and The Farewell Symphony and go from there.
- Piano lessons
- Hymn studies
- Children's choir at church
- Kennedy Center field trips
Whew! Did anyone make it this far? : )