Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What does Peter do?

I get this question all the time from friends and neighbors...

"What does Peter do while you do school?"

I usually answer, "He's right there with us." Sometimes happy. Sometimes not.

This is what Tot School looked like at our house this past week...

He loves these linking cubes
(they came with Hannah's Saxon Math Kit).
Above they have just taken off...
can you hear Peter's blast-off sounds?


We sort colors.

Play with magnetic shapes.Learn letters. Lace beads. (He's not a big fan of this.) More letters. Lots of puzzles.

He's working on his laptop. I'm not sure what these are called, but he loves them. Toothpicks and little balls of model magic... a big hit. Cutting and pasting. We are learning about the five senses with Hannah and Will. And he helps in the kitchen all. the. time. Here he is teaching Hannah how to make Granola. Grin.And we spend a lot of time reading together... our favorite.

2 comments:

  1. That is going to be one smart 3 year old! Looks like you do an excellent job. I have always wondered what the younger siblings do while the other children are being "schooled" :) I was always just afraid to ask any of my friends who home school b/c I think that they sometimes get too much negative input and I didn't want it to come across weird. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have many of your toddler toys, but never thought of the model magic and toothpicks. I think we have some model magic, too! Yeah! I'll try it next week!! I'm shocked at the entertainment value of math manipulatives for toddlers! Even a bag of dice holds her attention for a while! And the mornings fly by!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin