Friday, November 14, 2008

Field Trip Friday : Air and Space Museum

My husband took the kids to the National Air and Space Museum/Udvar-Hazy Center while I went to the gym, grocery shopped, and cleaned the house all by myself. To many, it may seem that I got the short end of the stick here. Ah, but those last three words... I needed those three words today. : )

The Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center near Washington Dulles International Airport is the companion facility to the Museum on the National Mall. The building opened in December, 2003, and provides enough space for the Smithsonian to display the thousands of aviation and space artifacts that cannot be exhibited on the National Mall. The two sites together showcase the largest collection of aviation and space artifacts in the world.

this place is pretty amazing... everything is so big.

the Space Shuttle Enterprise

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a great field trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD for you...a nice day alone. That time will carry you along for the next week(s) to come. I've been praying for one of those, too...and I think I have one coming my way!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin