Monday, November 3, 2008

Baked Oatmeal

In my continual effort to get a handle on feeding my family three times a day, I have discovered a super-easy, yummy, hot breakfast recipe. My husband is out on Monday mornings. This is our Monday breakfast because it's in the oven for about 30 minutes... giving me enough time to run upstairs, shower, dress, then run back down and serve my kids a hot breakfast. If my Monday morning starts well, I feel like I have a handle on my week. : )

Baked Oatmeal

3 1/2 C oatmeal
1 Tbsp baking powder

1/2 C oil
1/4 C agave nectar
1/4 C maple syrup

2 eggs
1 1/8 C milk

cinnamon and/or chocolate chips**

Grease 8x11 pan. Combine dry ingredients. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into pan. Top with cinnamon/chocolate chips**. Bake at 375, 25-30 minutes.

** Will and Peter like it with chocolate chips, Hannah with cinnamon. So I sprinkle a few chocolate chips on half and top the other half with cinnamon.

We certainly don't finish this in one day. It's enough for almost two breakfasts at our house. This really sticks with you until lunch - oil and eggs will do that!

5 comments:

  1. This looks like a great recipe...and with a shower makes it even better! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great, Jen. I'll have to try it...though I'll need to be up early to have it ready in time. I know what you mean about having a handle on your week. Tuesday is our morning without John...and I want to try the agave nectar. I've seen it at Trader Joe's but not tried it yet.
    Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading about baked oatmeal has brought back happy memories of summer camp when I was a child. Maybe I'll try oatmeal prepared this way because cooked oatmeal doesn't go over well at my house! Always looking for ways to improve on breakfast choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at chocolate chips. Yum.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin