Thursday, August 7, 2008

Farewell to the Crib

Last night was Peter's first night in a big boy bed. He only got out twice in the middle of the night and is currently napping. So far, so good.

Early this morning, as I sat drinking my coffee and staring at this pile of crib in my living room, I started to get a little nostalgic. This crib has been a fixture in our home for almost 7 years. I remember shopping for this crib and bringing it into our apartment. Then there was the night we set it up for the first time and just sat and stared, hit with the fact that we were going to be parents. Somebody little would sleep in there. Then Hannah arrived. And I stood at the side of this crib obsessing over her breathing, maybe she's cold, this blanket is probably too much... all while she slept peacefully. Without a break, Hannah moved out and Will moved in and Will moved out and Peter moved in. It doesn't seem like Peter has been in there all that long....

The nostalgia passed. I am such a we're-done-with-it-get-rid-of-it type. So, it's off to Aunt Karen and Uncle Carl's house for them to fill with a little cousin.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen!
    Just heard about your blog last night from Eugenia (at a summer bible study). Love seeing all your pictures and even the story about the crib. I'm due with our first this Thursday and am definitely having the, "Oh wow - are we really going to have a child in that crib?" stuff.

    Sure wish I could join you one morning for coffee and a catch-up session. Please say "hi" to Todd for me! Tell him I still remember when he guest-taught YCF and spoke about Jesus letting the vines grow alongside the weeds (or whatever that passage specifically mentions). He raised his hands and interwove his fingers together to show it.

    Ahhh - memories.
    Love to you all!
    Joy (Starnes) Mast

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin