We're home! The car ride was as pleasant as it could be. The kids were so exhausted. I think they actually appreciated a day of physical inactivity. My husband was thrilled to have us fill the house again.
A few of my favorite things about being in Jacksonville...
- Sweet iced tea and the pace of life that accompanies it.
- Live Oak lined streets with Spanish Moss garland.
- A nightly bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream, giggling, and going through old photos with my mom.
- The sound of the summer night. Frogs and crickets put on quite a show.
- The lack of mosquitoes. They are so much worse in DC. I didn't put bug spray on the kids once.
- My parents' backyard pool. (And the comfort of the alarm on the back door)
- Ease of errands. Not once did I parallel park, park underground, or pay for parking.
- A cul-de-sac for bikes and scooters, tree swings in the yard.
- Seeing old friends at the grocery store. And the friendliest cashiers on the east coast. Publix - there is nothing like it.
- Being with family. Not just Mom and Dad... my sister, brother-in-law, niece, aunt, uncle, close family friends.