Following up on a post earlier this month highlighting Hannah's 5th grade curriculum, here's what Will has been busy doing in 3rd. Oh, how I love 3rd grade! Nine is such a great age.
Will : 3rd Grade
Daily family Bible reading and discussion that follows along with the scripture texts for the Sunday sermons
Memory Work (together with Hannah and Peter)
- Scripture Memory
- Heidelberg Catechism - selected questions
- Veritas Press History Timeline
- Saxon Math 5/4
- Life of Fred - Farming (A chapter each Friday for fun... and it is fun!)
- First Language Lessons, Level 3
- Writing With Ease by Susan Wise Bauer.
- Poetry memorization and copywork. Will loves this and is always excited to pour over poetry books to find the next one to memorize. Right now he's almost ready to recite The Children's Hour by Longfellow.
- Penmanship - Cursive
- And lots of reading, narration, and discussion.
Will has been doing a little Latin with Hannah, but it's been more of an exposure year for him.
Spelling Workout D
Wordly Wise 3
We all do History, Geography, Science, Art, Music, and PE together. Those subjects can be found here:
Our Homeschool : 5th Grade : 2012/2013