Wednesday, July 21, 2010

This and That

This week is not really going the way I had planned. When does it ever? The boys are sick, so we're here at home and I'm just flitting from laundry to reading to school planning to cleaning to organizing photos. This post feels a little like my brain lately... all over the place.

**************

Edward Hopper is one of my favorite American painters, so I was thrilled to find this book. It's beautiful and written at Hannah's level. A great summer artist study.



**************


I finally purchased something on Etsy! I have been wanting a chalk board in the kitchen for over a year now... for verses, fun messages, school stuff. It was a great shopping experience. And I love that it's not from Pottery Barn.

"Delicious Summer" is a message to 3 kids that are less than enthusiastic about the amount of new-to-us vegetables on their dinner plates this summer. Hannah asked the other night if we had to get a CSA share every summer or could this please be the only one. They will thank me later.



**************


Nailing the chalk board on the wall led to this backyard fun. A board, a hammer, and some nails is serious fun for Peter.



**************


We are praying today for this little girl, and for her family boarding a plane to China, eager to hold her and bring her home. Her much older brother is a dear friend of ours.


**************


And just to bless you...
(I love this song)



6 comments:

  1. My week seems much the same- all over the place, but then again, when is my life not like that? Are J and S adopting another or is it someone else? Oh, and I LOVE that song too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too really enjoy that song. One of those that gets turned up in the van. My week's not going as planned as well ... but it doesn't quite look like your week. :)
    Oh, and we're praying for a little china girl coming "home" to the US this week, too! She'll be the little sisters to two big brothers and a big sister (who was adopted 2 years ago from China). Sweet times await, for many families! How wonderful.

    Thank you for your kindness, again. You are always an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures. Hope the boys are well now! I just put my homeschool plans for the year on my blog. I hope you will share yours! I always love seeing your ideas (we seem to think alike!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting a chalkboard too. I want to write the dinner menu on it and pretend we're a Bistro:).

    ReplyDelete
  5. J-- who is that in the music video???

    ReplyDelete
  6. J- who is that in the music video?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin