Wednesday, January 14, 2009

2009 Booklist

I'm sure some will be added and maybe taken away, but for now these are few books I hope to read in 2009...

Deconstructing Penguins: Parents, Kids, and the Bond of Reading
Lawrence and Nancy Goldstone

Evening in the Palace of Reason: Bach meets Frederick the Great in the Age of Enlightenment
James R. Gaines

Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children From Nature-Deficit Disorder
Richard Louv

The Little French Girl
Anne Douglas Sedgwick

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life
Barbara Kingsolver

Good and Angry: Exchanging Frustration for Character in You and Your Kids
Scott Turnansky and Joanne Miller

Emma
Jane Austen

Charlotte Mason Series

The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
Dave Ramsey

Family Matters: Why Homeschooling Makes Sense
David Guterson

A Little History of the World
E. H. Gombrich

Gilead
Marilynne Robinson

1 comment:

  1. I read "Good and Angry..." over 2 years ago and it really met a need for where I was with my children and my expectations of them and myself. I passed it on to two friends and just got it back last month. I am planning to read it again soon! I also want to read "Deconstructing Penguins."

    Also, thanks for the great tips on visiting DC! All the excitement of today has me excited to take my family for a visit soon...well, maybe once it warms up :)!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin